Saturday, May 28, 2005

Live from Switzerland...

Allright, good to hear from all of you. At this point Ive been writing mostly about waht Ive been doing but it is equally important at this juncture to comment on the people with whom Ive journeyed. Briefly:

Merrick - aka Ricky or Mozart, my roommate and all around great kid, a lot like Webby from freshman year, computer science guy, long hair, that kid who wears hiking boots daily

Eric - aka Big Sexy, tall frat kid, sprained his ankle playing international soccer match, talks like he just woke up 24/7

Jared - fat like me but actually Jewish, spent 73624138 billion at Prada, hates everything, very entertaining

Jason - one time smoked a pack of cigarettes before dinner, wears dress shirts with the chest hair sticking out

Diane - aka Beijing, Korean and possibly lesbian, pertends to like my indie music so much so that I made up a band and she claimed to have seen them - twice

Mike - dates a girl named Kaya, loves to listen to Aqua with me - yes the same band that sang barbie girl, probably the best cd ever

Kaya - alternates between hating life and loving mike, looks like a pirate, came from some European country

Rebecca - aka Pig Vomit, has bangs that crawl down her face like 56 inches, cant hold her pee and makes the bus stop every five minutes

Stacy - aka S.Carter, curly hair, wears a Where's Waldo-esque shirt every other day

Laurel - aka Butterfield, nice, but too boring to discuss, picture a girl named Laurel and thats it

Brian - aka Party Boy, tried to scale our hotel in Florence at four in the morning like Spiderman

Ted - aka Teddy Rockspin or Teddy the Culture Queen, nice kid, add, pertends to know everything about landmarks, sculptures, oxygen, anything he can find

Jean - black girl who is inexplicably thirty-two and "wants a Spanish man"

Kim - eats plain pizza and vanilla ice cream every day

Inessa - aka Moscow, aka ACDC - looks like the lead singer of aforementioned band, onetime sat at expensive restaraunt in Florence walked into the other room and proceeded to forrege for salt in pepper in the cabinets, takes pictures of herself with random inanimate objects that are not scenic i.e. mailboxes, gets lost daily, wears no clothes ever, claims to have done eveything youve ever done...three times

Zach - his real name, like on birth certificate is Zach Morris, cool kid, drinks whiskey

Nick - one time he stayed up past his bed time, but that was a long time ago

Paul - professor, saw him drinking beer at Hooters last night - I was also drinking beer at Hooters

Rusty - aka Restee, bus driver, speaks no english, once douced the bus in gasoline by acciden while attempting ot fill the tank, feeds pigeons incessantly, backs up without reason, looks angry while eating

There are aparently three more but I cant remember who they are.

Hope all is well, just wanted to give you guys a taste, Switzerland is beautiful...finally beer exists, everything costs 348759803 dollars, hotel has a balcony and private river, breakfast consists of toast only, met a kid from San Diego who goes snowboarding here by himself, ate at a rotating restararunt 14,000 feet up in the Swiss Alps that was used in a James Bond movie, exits on the highway are called Ausfahrts, that's funny.

Love and miss you all.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael -
Check your email ASAP!!
Nicole

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Rybacki...big news bro...Dave and I are twins. Today we purchased the same model car as him, but with a bit of an upgrade (leather seats, moonroof). So believe it or not, I finally have a car. Got a great deal on it, only 62,000 miles, 1998 mystique, light blue, got it for $6,200. I'll have that by Tuesday, should be cool.

On another topic, John Fogarty (lead singer from creedence) is playing a show at the meadows with John Mellencamp on July 10th. Lawn seats are like 25 bucks. AJ is gonna come down and see it with me. If it's something you're interested in, definetely let me know, I'll get you a ticket.

Keep the posts coming, sounds like you're having a hell of a time doing some real cool stuff there. Anyway, I'll keep reading your shit and posting in response. Hope to hear from you soon. Later.

Steve

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi cutie, it's mom. sorry i haven't written, but today was go get mattress and boxspring day from aunt maria, schlep it upstairs and then schlep all of euks stuff into the van. tomorrow the bed,desk,chair and his clothes go out the door. betty and i will have coffee tomorrow- i am going to give her (and michael) the blog so they can read up on all your adventures. hey, my tulips bit the dust, but the daisy is still perfect and every time i look at it,i think of you :) today's paper had an article on the crucial vote to approve the ratification of the european union- by now the vote has been tabulated i'm sure, but i haven't heard a thing. what a fantastic time to be over there since that's what you are studying!!!!! i kept the article for you to read when you get home.
hey, looks like the sox are gonna take 2 out of 3 from the yankees:)
well, gotta go to bed-my "day off"
tomorrow is gonna be a busy one. thanks for the incredible descriptions of your travel-mates. i feel like i know them already. let me know how your gondola ride was- did they have to sedate you or did you just close your eyes?
love you so very much and miss you
lots- keep having fun. i will check your checking account on tuesday when i get back to work-
love, mom xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
p.s.-steve,congrats on the new car-if you want it to have a lived in look, let mikey borrow it for a day. you won't recognize it:)

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi just me again-read that the french voted it down,approx. 55%-45%. by the time you get to france, maybe all the excitement will have died down.the french will still be crabby -i am anxious to hear your impressions of the french people!!! g'nite,mom oxoxox

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey it's your mother! i was hoping to hear from you today. if you call tomorrow, only call me at work because i have to go to the dentist, i am supposed to give blood(i'll have to do that some other day), i have to be in west springfield by 4:30 to see caroline in her " one of a kind" prom dress and then we have to be at cribbage for 6:30 for the season ending party and game. i hope you are doing ok-i am not even sure what country you are in, but my guess is germany! don't foget to eat the BREAD & BUTTER. it is incredible- and try the veal, weiner-schneitzle (sp.?) i believe. hallie, across the street is pregnant again and due in december- what are the odds for another girl?:) hey, can i sell those 3 cd racks you cleaned out b4 you left? betty is having a tag sale on the 20th and i was hoping to get them out of here.-your call, let me know. peter and i FINALLY watched the red sox video by nesn tne other nite, it was excellent. it's like watching the patriots videos, you pray they will win in the end. so stupid, but fun to relive again. well, hope your bus driver is prepared for the autobahn in germany- it is like no other. you will feel as if you're standing still as all the cars FLY past you. glad you're not driving!!! love you, mom ooxxooxxoo

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Baby!! I was a little out of it when you called...but who wouldn't be at 2:30 in the morning? Kidding, I was so happy to hear from you.
Jeff's graduation party was so much fun. We lucked out and it didn't rain. Tina, KC, and Tony came by which was nice. I played with my baby cousin Kayla the whole time. Remember her? She was the baby that thought you were "so interesting". She is absolutely adorable and was definately the life of the party haha. She turned 1 on monday so she got to open some gifts at the party. Side note: I suck at badmitten.
Work was crazy yesterday, but it went by really fast. I'll tell you about some things when I talk to you next.
I ran into Dave the other day at the bank. We had a long talk about Kristen and I'm sure you know how that conversation went. AHH shes so frustrating. Oh well...can't do much about that.
Anyway, its my day off and I'm already up at 9. So I'm gonna go lay down and do nothing. LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!!! I miss you the most
Nicole

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Michael,

Last night I got back from a weekend in Boston. I went up on Saturday afternoon to go stay at Debbie's house for the weekend. I had a wedding to go to for one of the people I work with at school and Debbie was my date. Sat. night we had my friends from school Christina and Shirin and Debbie's friend Marisa over and we played some games and had a good time... I don't think you've met them but you definitely will this summer.

Sunday we went to the wedding which was outdoors and we lucked out cause it didn't rain and it was so nice out. It was in Glauster, right on the ocean. Me and Debbie were exhausted from the night before so we headed back early and layed low the rest of the night.

Yesterday before we left I took her friend Marisa out for lunch and we went to Vinny T's. It was sunny and warm out so we sat outside and had drinks and lunch and then went for a walk through this little park near her house.

I'm going back to Boston either then end of this week or beginning of next week... its so much fun up there.

Other good news... me and steve went and played catch and hit fly balls on Sat. before I left and some very encouraging things happened... I threw and hit and not once did my elbow hurt! I think the surgery worked which is awesome.

I hope you're getting a bunch of pictures of everything... what Bond movie was it?? Keep the posts coming, they're wicked amusing and I enjoy reading them

-Dave

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi bug, sorry i missed your call. i was on a 3 hour drive to and from the dentist! i now have a new dentist in longmeadow, 2 miles from home:) i will be around tonite except for a quick trip to cvs and rocky's. hope to hear from you. enjoy germany,i loved it there. nicole, i will call tonite to find out all about your job. take care michael- it's already june 1st, so 20 more days until you return (unless you choose to live in england, which is a possibility)love,mom xxoooxxxoo

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Cuz,
Sounds like you're having a blast over there. I'm so glad to hear you haven't lost your wallet, clothing, or anything for that matter. haha. Matty just loved Europe, when you come back you'll be able to compare notes. Speaking of notes, i hope you're studying like the good boy you are!

I hear there's no drinking age over there, in fact as soon as you're able to walk then you can booze. Talk about starting young. I can't believe you can only buy one drink at a time, so much for double fisting! So how are the bars over there? I must say the ones i have been to around here are not the nicest. But then again its Fitchburg- obviously the bars are dives.

Things have been good on the home front, we're in the process of re-doing the basement. One side will be the ''movie theater'' (Dad wants a 5 foot by 10 foot movie screen to be the new tv) and the other side will be the bar. In my opinion, the parents are just asking for trouble- because once the cellar is complete, i don't think we will ever want to leave.

HI Auntie the Bankrupt!!! thanks for the note letting us know how to get in touch with Mike. Hope you're doing well, say hi to Peter. Also you're thank you note is comming, i haven't forgotten- just got a little side tracked.

Can't wait to read more about your travels- be safe and take care!

Lots of love,
Cousin Mandy :)

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mikey, update this blog- i need some new details. sorry i missed your call again, but i think it best that you try and call me at work. i know its not easy to call, but...... hey, i picked up your computer at fix my bug. he didn't charge me for looking it over. nicole said you could use hers for the 1st semester and we were thinking you could use our piece of junk for the 2nd semester and we would get a new one. think about that or come up with some other ideas. let's see, caroline has her graduation party for a million people on saturday and on sunday we go to her graduation and then to christine scanlons party. i don't know when to tell you to call:( nicole and natalia came over last nite to pick up a book natalia wanted to read, and they stayed for a couple of hours. nicole told us all about her job and all the things that the staff do wrong. she's going to be an incredible nurse! she has the skills, desire and compassion. if i need to go to the hospital some day, i want her for my nurse. what else? work is crazy busy. maybe when you get out of camp you can come over for an hour a day and help us do some stuff we just can't get to. enough about me, i want to hear all about you and your trip. love you tons and miss you more, love mom xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to give you an update on the Sox... they are 3 back from the O's after Big Poppi hit a 3-run walk off HR this afternoon and the Yankees were 5 back this afternoon after losing the first 2 games of their series against Kansas City

Hope to see an update soon and I hope youre still having a great time... I'm hopefully gonna be at the Sox game tomorrow night with Marisa and then out in the city afterwards.

Cant wait til you get home

-Dave

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael-
It's getting boring to read the same message over and over haha. Just wanted to let you know (don't be worried) that I called out of work today because I'm still not feeling well. I won't go into details on that buts its the "worst kind of sick". So you don't have to wait until 7:30 to call me. I may be unpleasant but you can call me anytime today. I love you and miss you. Have fun baby.

Nicole

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael... hope everything is going well over there, I got to see a great Sox game last night. They went ahead 1-0, David Wells gave up 4 runs and they went behind 4-1, but then bounced back with 3 in the 7th and then with the bases loaded in the 8th, Damon hit a 3-run double that won the game 7-4.

The best part of the night though was when Orlando Cabrera was introduced for his first at-bat. Fenway put togeather a highlight film of him that they played on the screen with the title "Hometown Heros" right before they announced his name. Everyone gave him a big standing O and he pounded his heart and stepped in the box but we kept cheering so he stepped out and tipped his batting helmet and touched his heart again. It was a wicked, wicked cool moment.

Hope to see a new post up soon

-Dave

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home